How do I renew my Louisiana architect license?
- Complete 12 hours of continuing education
- Louisiana provides 3 options for license renewal
– Renew your license completely online (include fee payment)
– Complete the online renewal, print the receipt at the end and mail it along with a renewal check.
– Print the renewal form and mail and mail it along with a renewal check
**Note: All mailed forms and checks must be postmarked by December 31st to avoid a late fee.
What are the fees for renewing a Louisiana architect license?
Instate: $75 | Out-of-State: $150
Late Fees | Instate: $180 | Out-of-State: $330
What are the Louisiana Continuing Education Guideline Requirements?
Architects in Louisiana architects must complete a minimum of 12 HSW continuing education hours each calendar year.
Who notifies Louisiana of my architect continuing education?
It is the licensee’s responsibility to notify the state. You must keep your records for at least 3 years. Architects Training Institute will store your records for 6-years at no additional cost.
Do you need to complete continuing education requirements for AIA membership?
Yes, as an Architect member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), 18 learning unit hours are required per calendar-year for membership renewal. Of these 18 hours, at least 12 hours must be in subjects designated as Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW).
Who do I contact at the state for information about Louisiana architect license renewals?
Louisiana Board of Architectural Examiners
9625 Fenway Avenue, Suite B
Baton Rouge, LA 70809