Instructor: Paul Acker
This course is designed to be the next step in raising your construction management skills to the next level. The class will help prepare the learner for the scope of responsibilities that a professional construction project manager, whether for residential or commercial projects, must be prepared to perform. The course begins with preconstruction services and project start-up tasks. As the project continues, controlling the finances, overseeing the project progress, safety, environmental and energy concerns are just a few of the many tasks a project manager must supervise. Finally, a successful manager must properly close out the project, all while achieving a profit, and securing a satisfied customer.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Be able to assemble a project team, ensuring they are qualified to perform the work in accordance with specifications and requirements.
- Recognize the role of OSHA in the workplace and describe the causes of the most common workplace injuries.
- Understand environmental regulations that govern construction activities for protecting water, air and land quality.
- Develop a close out procedure that will verify accuracy and completion of all building component systems, including warranties and certifications, prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
This Course Covers:
- Planning and startup
- Project progress
- Environmental and energy concerns
- Close out
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA or any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.