Nebraska Architect FAQs
Answers to frequently asked questions about Nebraska architect licensing and continuing education.
Nebraska Architect Renewal
Continuing Education Deadline: December 31st, annually
State Required Continuing Education: 12 hrs in HSW subjects
License Renewal Deadline: December 31st, biennially
- Licensees with last names beginning with A-K renew in odd-numbered years.
- Licensees with last names beginning with L-Z renew in even-numbered years.
AIA Membership Continuing Education: 18 hrs annually, including 12 HSW
Renewing Your License:
How do I renew my Nebraska architect license?
- Licensees with last names beginning with A-K will renew on odd-numbered years.
- Licensees with last names beginning with L-Z will renew on even-numbered years.
- Complete 24-hours of continuing education including 16-hours of HSW & 1-hour of professional ethics
- A renew form will be sent you in October of your renew year
- Complete the paper renew form or renew online.
What are the Nebraska continuing education requirements for architects?
Nebraska architects must complete a minimum of 24 continuing education hours including 16-hours of HSW & 1-hour of professional ethics by December 31st.
I have extra Nebraska architect continuing education hours, can I apply them to the next renewal cycle?
You can carry over any excess that you previously did not use, up to one-half of the previous biennial requirement.
Who notifies Nebraska of my completed architect continuing education?
Nebraska does not require architects or continuing education providers notify the state of continuing education unless they perform an audit. Architects must maintain continuing education records for four (4) years and furnish them to the Board in response to an audit. Architects Training Institute will maintain your records for six (6) years at no extra charge.
Do I need to complete continuing education requirements for my AIA membership?
Yes, as an Architect member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), 18 learning unit hours are required per calendar-year for membership renewal. Of these 18 hours, at least 12 hours must be in subjects designated as Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW).
Are AIA approved classes accepted to renew my Nebraska architect license?
My Nebraska architect registration has lapsed, how do I reinstate it?
Architects previously licensed in Nebraska whose license has expired for more than a year must submit the following to be reinstated to practice:
- A complete new architect license application and applicable filing fee or apply online;
- Documentation of continuing education compliance during the previous two-year period, including a log showing the type of activities, claimed and attendance verification records in the form of completion certificates or other documents supporting evidence of attendance; and
- A Reinstatement Affidavit
State Contact Info:
Once I order the course, how long before I can start?
You may begin immediately! Simply click the Login button in the upper right-hand corner on your desktop or in the upper-right menu on mobile. Once you’ve entered your login and password, you will be taken to your courses. Follow the instructions and enjoy!
Once I start an online course, will I be able to start and stop at anytime?
Our courses are available online 24/7 and you are able to log in and log out at any time during the course. If you are going to be away from your computer for more than 10-15 minutes, simply log out. When you log back in, you will be able to re-enter the lesson you were last in.
How long do your continuing education courses take to complete?
Continuing education requirements vary by state. Each course lists a minimum number of credit hours required to complete the course.
How long do I have access to the courses?
We allow up to 6 months for you to complete the courses. During the six months you have unlimited, 24/7 access. If you need additional time, please contact our offices to arrange an extension (please note: a fee may apply).
Are there tests or quizzes in the courses?
Some states do require quizzes, these will be found at the end of lessons. You cannot fail a quiz, though, as you may take it as many times as required to pass!
Once I complete a course, can I still go back and review the lessons?
You are able to review the lessons at any time during the six months you’ll have access to the courses.