Instructor: Wayde Hoppe
While land developers are seeking to maximize their land use and minimize their development costs, governmental regulations are applying pressures on budgets that can kill a project. Architects are being relied upon to steer site decisions and engineering professionals in order to produce cost effective and functional designs that meet the myriad of growing municipal requirements. In this 3 hour, fully narrated course you will learn to navigate your entire team through the challenges and pit falls of site development, all the time with an eye toward building design.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the process of securing the appropriate information that will help to develop a scope, schedule, and budget.
- Be able to develop a building program, including site selection, utilization and wayfinding.
- Outline at least one design strategy based on site standards and utility coordination.
- Summarize the steps that must be taken to in order to move forward with approvals, bidding and construction.
This Course Covers:
- Securing Information
- Programming and Site Evaluation
- Site Selection, Utilization, and Wayfinding
- Laying Out the Design
- Site Standards
- Utility Coordination
- Preparing a Site Plan
- Documents and Contract Administration
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA or any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.