Instructor: Wayde Hoppe
This course is designed to address the needs of both designers and builders. The topics that will be covered include pre-design, building design, structural concerns, making a watertight envelope, code issues, and construction details. Each of these topics will be addressed in the light of both renovation and addition projects. Real-life stories will relay information that will help any designer to successfully navigate through the challenges of this very specific type of building design.
This course will highlight the right questions, demonstrate how to investigate the important conditions and bring attention to the critical issues. Through the many following examples, this course will offer instruction on how to approach a renovation or addition project with justified confidence.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Be able to translate the requests of the client into a realistic, safe, and cost-effective project.
- Gain confidence in the ability to specify and identify any code related issues or requirements in order to facilitate proper construction.
- Demonstrate how to investigate the important conditions and bring attention to critical issues.
- Identify and integrate strategies that involve existing conditions, building design, structural concerns, and common issues.
This Course Covers:
- Pre-Design: Existing Conditions
- Water-Tight Envelope
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA or any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.