Instructor: Wayde Hoppe
Developers of commercial, industrial and institutional buildings are driven by return on investment. Today’s building owners are savvy and they seek to balance the initial cost with the payback. Functionality, aesthetics, and methods of code compliance are each guided by financial investment and return. In this course, you will learn, from the foundation to the roof, from the appearance to the operation, from construction to maintenance, tried and proven methods for analyzing design decisions that will lead you to a greater reputation as a designer.
Most architects are familiar with the design process and are usually comfortable with at least one or more of the steps. However, what we learn in school needs to be coupled with the requirements of today’s many codes and regulations, the changes in material development, our client’s demand for a return on investment and the realities of construction budgets.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Be able to integrate design concepts with current codes and regulations.
- Translate the intentions and goals of the customer into a safe and cost-effective project.
- Utilize current materials and goods to ensure proper construction practices.
- Recognize the importance of meeting the client's demand for return on investment.
This Course Covers:
- Defining the Building Type & Ideal Building size
- Initial Construction Budget
- Code Analysis
- Site Evaluation
- Selecting Consultants
- Defining the Structural System
- Selecting the Best Foundation System
- Creating an Envelope
- Laying out the Floor Plate
- HVAC, Plumbing & Electrical Systems
- Selecting Your Materials
- Specialty Materials & Design Services
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA or any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.