Introduction to Sprinkler System Layout
This course is an introduction to sprinkler system layout. Students will become familiar with sprinkler hazards, sprinkler types, design area, and residential sprinkler systems.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the hazards common to sprinkler systems
- Select appropriate sprinkler types for each application
- Use the SxL rule to identify design area
- Understand the reasons why sprinkler spacing affects the efficacy of sprinkler systems
Chapter 1 – Introduction to Sprinkler System Layout
- Hazards within sprinkler systems
- Sprinkler types
- Sprinkler spacing
- Design area
- Listed design areas
- SxL Rule
- Maximum design area
- Determining design area
- Residential sprinklers
- Zoned design areas
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).