Instructor: Karl Wiegand
This course is an introduction to sprinkler system layout. Students will become familiar with sprinkler hazards, sprinkler types, design area, and residential sprinkler systems.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Identify the hazards common to sprinkler systems
- Select appropriate sprinkler types for each application
- Use the SxL rule to identify design area
- Understand the reasons why sprinkler spacing affects the efficacy of sprinkler systems
This course covers:
- Hazards within sprinkler systems
- Sprinkler types
- Sprinkler spacing
- Design area
- Listed design areas
- SxL Rule
- Maximum design area
- Determining design area
- Residential sprinklers
- Zoned design areas
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.
Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy