Instructor: Karl Wiegand
1. Introduction to Fire Sprinklers covers the basics regarding fire sprinklers, valves and hydraulic calculations. Students will become familiar with the parts of a sprinkler assembly and the significance of sprinkler orientation.
2. Introduction Sprinkler System Valves is an introduction to the basics of sprinkler system valves and the types of systems they service.
3. Introduction to Sprinkler System Layout is an introduction to sprinkler system layout. Students will become familiar with sprinkler hazards, sprinkler types, design area, and residential sprinkler systems.
4. NFPA 13D Basics Layout is an introduction to the basics of NFPA 13D sprinkler systems. Students will become familiar with sprinkler protection standards, system components, system types, system layout, and design area.
5. Introduction to Sprinkler System Hydraulic Calculations is an introduction to basic hydraulic calculations as they relate to water supply, water flow and friction loss in a fire suppression sprinkler system.
6. First Calculation for NFPA 13D Systems covers the first calculation for NFPA 13D systems. Students will become familiar with calculating pressure loss from friction, the friction loss equation, and calculating water flow.
This course covers:
- Sprinkler basics
- Parts of the sprinkler
- Sprinkler orientation
- Types of sprinklers, valves, and sprinkler systems
- Setting air pressure
- Water delivery
- Hazards within sprinkler systems
- Sprinkler spacing
- Design area
- Sprinkler protection standards
- System components
- Dry and pre-action systems
- Sprinkler and System layout
- Listed design area rules
- Hydraulic demand
- Water pressure
- Water supply and flow
- Friction loss
- Internal pipe diameter
- Examples of calculations
- NFPA 13D space
- Calculating pressure loss from friction
- Water flow calculation
- Equivalent fitting lengths
- Water supply curve
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
If you have any questions
Please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be returned promptly within one business day.