Instructor: Greg MacMaster
Drones are the new tool companies are raving about for their marketing and personal use. There are many uses for drones in the construction industry, but there are rules and regulations set in place that currently don’t allow them. So why should you care? Because you need to stay up to date with technology and ahead of the competition. This course is designed to familiarize business owners with the practical use of drone technology. The following topics will be discussed:
- Types of UAV/Drone Technology
- Federal Rules and Regulations associated with UAVs
- Cost of Drones (Pros and Cons)
- Drones in your Industry (overview)
- Acquiring Images
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Become knowledgeable about available technology and proper use of drones.
- Learn the basics of aerial survey and mapping.
- Explain the FAA application process for an FAA 333 Exemption.
- Learn the benefits of UAV application in marketing and advertising.
This course covers:
- Types of Drones
- Federal Rules and Regulations
- Industry Uses
- Surveying and Mapping
- Measuring and Scanning
- Marketing and Advertising
- Acquiring Imagery
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA or any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be responded to within one business day.