Fire Suppression Sprinklers, Valves, and Hydraulic Calculations
This course is an introduction to the basics regarding fire sprinklers, valves and hydraulic calculations. Students will become familiar with the parts of a sprinkler assembly and the significance of sprinkler orientation. Next they will learn the basics of sprinkler system valves and the types of systems they service. Finally, hydraulic calculations are discussed as they relate to water supply, water flow and friction loss.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Have an understanding of sprinkler components, types of systems, and orientation
- Be better equipped to provide fire suppression systems to their design
- Determine fire suppression system valves and the types of systems they service
- Be able to calculate hydraulics within these systems for ensured water and timing requirements
Chapter 1 – Sprinklers
- Sprinkler basics
- Parts of the sprinkler
- Sprinkler orientation
- Types of sprinklers
Chapter 2 – Valves
- Types of valves
- Types of sprinkler systems
- Types of sprinkler systems cont.
- Setting air pressure
- Water delivery
Chapter 3 – Hydraulic Calculations
- Water pressure
- Water supply and flow
- Friction loss
- Internal pipe diameter
- Examples of calculations
Course instructors will be available by email or telephone between 8am and 6pm Eastern Standard Time. They will assist you with questions regarding course content.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-727-7104 or send an email to email@example.com. Email responses will usually be returned promptly, but guaranteed within one business day.
Student policies and procedures are always available by going to our website and scrolling to the bottom of the page (See Attendance, Privacy and Refund Policy).