Course Instructor: Karl Wiegand
This course is an introduction to the basics regarding fire sprinklers, valves and hydraulic calculations. Students will become familiar with the parts of a sprinkler assembly and the significance of sprinkler orientation. Next they will learn the basics of sprinkler system valves and the types of systems they service. Finally, hydraulic calculations are discussed as they relate to water supply, water flow and friction loss.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Have an understanding of sprinkler components, types of systems, and orientation
- Be better equipped to provide fire suppression systems to their design
- Determine fire suppression system valves and the types of systems they service
- Be able to calculate hydraulics within these systems for ensured water and timing requirements
This Course Covers:
- Sprinkler basics
- Parts of the sprinkler
- Sprinkler orientation
- Types of sprinklers
- Types of valves
- Types of sprinkler systems
- Setting air pressure
- Water delivery
- Water pressure, supply and flow
- Friction loss
- Internal pipe diameter
- Examples of calculations
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA or any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails will be responded to within one business day.