This six-hour video course is a review of the safety codes required for residential construction. Students will be able to understand and describe the basic components of a construction safety program. They will recognize the hazards inherent at a construction jobsite and describe ways to prevent those hazards. Finally, students will learn the responsibilities of both the employer and the employee in observing established safety practices.
Learning objectives are provided to facilitate understanding and progress. Informal progress checks throughout the module will help you review and measure your understanding of the material. The assessment at the end of each chapter accurately reflects learning objectives.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize the role of OSHA in the workplace and describe the causes of the most common workplace injuries.
- Identify the hazards that prompt the use of fall protection for workers at the jobsite.
- Outline at least three procedures that must be followed in order to control and minimize workplace hazards.
- Create a working emergency action and fire prevention plan.
- Name factors that pose a hazard to employees working in excavations and identify how to reduce those hazards.
- Summarize “best practices” for proper handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials.
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA CES for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for both AIA members and non-AIA members are available to print upon completion of the course.
This course is registered with AIA CES for continuing professional education. As such, it does not include content that may be deemed or construed to be an approval or endorsement by the AIA or any material of construction or any method or manner of handling, using, distributing, or dealing in any material or product.
If you have any questions please call us at 1-800-727-7104 | Monday-Friday | 8am-8pm
Or send an email to email@example.com. Emails will be responded to within one business day.